Monday, March 24, 2014

Art of personal essay

There were a few ideas that I really liked,

1. essayist must be a a reliable narrator they must trust our sincerity. In other words I have to know what I am talking about to get the readers to trust me and believe I know what I am talking about.
If i were writing about this I would pick a subject such as going back to school I know first hand how that is and what it feels like since I experienced it myself.

2. Personal essayist are adapt at interrogating their ignorance, They explain what they know in the beginning and explore a problem what they don't know and why.  I would talk about what I know like English I have had many English classes but my problem has always been bio anatomy and physiology and I have no idea why English is easy to me and the bio classes are not.

3. The article also talks about being honest, that few of us can remain honest for long. when I write I always am honest I don't want to embellish for the entertainment value unless it is fiction if I am writing a personal story I will write the good the bad and the ugly. It is good to learn from my mistakes and my mistakes can help my readers.

these are a few ideas that I am thinking about these stuck out at me when I was reading the article.

No comments:

Post a Comment